Who We Are
Kristel A. Robinson Download vcard
EducationUniversity of California, San Diego, 1996, B.A.
Yale University School of Law, 2000, J.D.
Kristel is a seasoned litigator, with extensive experience in business-related litigation, intellectual property disputes, and trademark law. Her many years of practice have included representation of clients in many types of disputes, including complex commercial litigation, securities class action defense, shareholder derivative actions, corporate governance matters, trade secrets, financial services litigation, breach of contract matters, and employment-related disputes.
Kristel has represented clients in the California courts, as well as in various federal courts across the United States. Prior to joining Yu Mohandesi, Kristel was a litigator with large international law firms, including Latham & Watkins and Jones Day.
A small sampling of Kristel’s successful representative matters include:
- The defense of numerous securities class actions in which violations of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 were alleged
- The representation of a software developer in a successful breach of contract action against a major airline manufacturer
- The representation of a United States design firm in an action for misappropriation of trade secrets brought against several foreign entities
- The representation of a nationally-recognized manufacturer and distributor of pet productions in the registration and protection of their intellectual property portfolio, including the successful prosecution of multiple lawsuits for trademark infringement
- The representation of board members of numerous corporations in various actions alleging breaches of fiduciary duty
“Revisiting Caremark and a Director’s Duty to Monitor: The Chancery Court’s Wake-Up Call to Directors,” Practising Law Institute, Corporate Compliance Institute 2004.