Who We Are
Tamar Gabriel Ellyin Download vcard
EducationUniversity of Southern California, 2006, B.A. International Relations, Magna Cum Laude
Southwestern Law School, 2009, J.D.
Tamar is a litigator with extensive experience representing financial institutions, banks, and corporate clients in state and federal courts across the country. Tamar has also represented clients in a wide variety of matters, including tort liability, breach of contract claims, intellectual property disputes, commercial disputes, real estate and land disputes.
Tamar’s practice focuses on defending corporations, banks, and creditors against consumer claims. Tamar has also served as in-house counsel for a debt collection company regarding compliance and litigation activity. She is also well versed in representing corporate debtors and creditors in various aspects of bankruptcy and adversarial proceedings.
Tamar has completed the 26.2 mile Los Angeles Marathon and is an accomplished pianist.
A small sampling of Tamar’s successful representative matters include:
- Defended and resolved hundreds of individual and class action consumer claims, including claims based on the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Telephone Consumer Protection Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and their state law equivalents in various jurisdictions throughout the country
- Successfully represented banks and financial institutions in various arbitrations involving consumer claims
- Co-author of amicus curiae brief in an appeal concerning the interpretation of “meaningful attorney involvement” in debt collection lawsuits
- Successfully defended and won an appeal involving an interpretation of the California Vehicle Code in connection with the collection of towing impound fees
- Defended a major department store in a class action employment lawsuit