Who We Are
Brett B. Goodman Download vcard
educationUniversity of California, Berkeley, 2004, B.A.
University of California, Davis, 2008, J.D.
Brett has substantial experience litigating individual and class actions in both federal and state courts. He has litigated hundreds of cases involving consumer financial services claims and commercial disputes, and successfully handled multiple appeals, including to the United States Courts of Appeals for the Fourth, Eighth and Ninth Circuits, and the California Courts of Appeal. Brett also advises financial services institutions in compliance matters.
Prior to joining Yu | Mohandesi, Brett was with Reed Smith LLP, where his practice focused on financial services litigation, commercial litigation and class action defense. He has successfully represented consumer lenders, automobile finance companies, consumer service providers, and life and health insurance companies nationwide.
Since joining Yu | Mohandesi, Brett has built a nationwide practice with a focus on defending individual and class action claims under the Telephone Consumer Protection Action, Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, and Fair Credit Reporting Act.
A small sampling of Brett’s successful representative matters include:
- Successfully defended multiple financial institutions in class actions based on the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
- Successfully defended clients in multiple consumer arbitrations alleging claims for breach of contract, fraud and violation of various consumer protection statutes
- Defended large national financial institutions against consumer claims relating to various statutes regulating the mortgage industry in multiple state and federal jurisdictions
- Obtained dismissals in multiple lawsuits alleging individual and class action consumer claims based on the Fair Credit Reporting Act, Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Telephone Consumer Protection Act, and their state law analogues in multiple state and federal jurisdictions
- Defended prominent life and health insurance companies against individual and class claims relating to underwriting procedures, coverage determinations and enforceability of policy provisions
- Litigated class actions against manufacturers and retailers alleging unfair business practices and unfair advertising