Who We Are
Jordan S. Yu download vcard
educationUniversity of California, Los Angeles, 1999, B.A.
Northwestern University School of Law, 2003, J.D.
Jordan has extensive experience managing individual and class actions in state and federal courts throughout the country. He has successfully represented some of the largest and most recognized companies in the world, including financial institutions, telecommunications companies, retailers, product manufacturers and for-profit universities. Jordan has litigated hundreds of cases involving consumer financial services claims, commercial disputes and product liability claims. He has also handled appeals to the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeal and the California Courts of Appeal.
Prior to forming Yu | Mohandesi, Jordan was with Reed Smith LLP, where he focused his practice on financial services litigation, commercial litigation and class action defense. He has expanded that focus into a national practice at Yu | Mohandesi, where he represents clients in over two dozen states with an emphasis on defending individual and class actions involving consumer rights claims, including the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act and various statutes regulating the mortgage industry. Jordan also routinely advises financial services institutions of all sizes in compliance matters, helping them navigate the ever-evolving regulatory landscape. Jordan has been named a Rising Star by Super Lawyers Magazine.
A small sampling of Jordan’s successful representative matters include:
- Defended multiple financial institutions and national retailer in a series of TCPA class actions
- Defended multiple financial institutions in call recording and monitoring class actions
- Defeated class certification in action against a for-profit university seeking to void tuition related debt
- Defended class action against real estate investment trust seeking return of security deposits
- Obtained summary judgment in class action seeking return of all tuition paid to a for-profit university
- Defended class action against financial institution concerning the administration of a credit card rewards program
- Defended class action against real estate investment trust seeking return of late rent charges
- Defended hundreds of consumer claims throughout the country, including claims based on the Fair Credit Reporting Act, Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Telephone Consumer Protection Act and their state law equivalents, and various statutes regulating the mortgage industry
- Defended South Korean conglomerate in international commercial dispute concerning the distribution of cosmetics products
- Obtained summary judgment and voluntary dismissals in dozens of product liability actions concerning welding rods, welding machines and commercial food equipment